Change your mindset to succeed – yes, that’s what you should do if you want to become an entrepreneur and successful with an online business. But that’s not the only reason why you should consider doing that.
What you should know about ways to change your mindset to succeed:
Chances are that you have a similar background as I have. I don’t come from a privileged background. I used to work 9 to 5, sometimes more, as an employee in different companies
for many years. Then something bad happened in my life. No, I won’t talk about what it was.
That part belongs to the past. But it took me years to get back on track again.
How did I do that? I started working on my competencies, on my Self. And, against all odds,
I became a coach. Nobody, neither my family nor my friends understood why I did it. Nobody gave me a real chance. But I had no “plan B”. My mind was set up for change. Not because
I was looking for career or much money. But because I learned that I must understand and
face the problems. No more hiding. There was no other way out. Okay… There was another reason as well: in all the struggle I realized the energy and the power I had inside, both never used, never released to my own benefit. Would you ask me again why you should change your mindset to succeed?
I quit my job and started a small business. That was in 1996. Then the Internet came and I had to restructure my business and find new ways to use the new media. I don’t want to bore you with all the roadblocks and setbacks I’ve experienced. But the more problems I had to solve, the more powerful I felt. Hmmm… That made me curious. And when the opportunity came along to join a newly released coaching program, I simply joined. I learned to discover and develop my own strengths, learned to live with my weaknesses and use them to develop my personality and regain my self-confidence. The more I did in coaching, the more my mindset changed.
And I noticed that I was not the only one who needed that self-help or personal development “stuff”. That’s why I became a coach-consultant.
Can certain happenings in life change your mindset to succeed?
You see, things don’t happen by chance. They happen for a reason. There was a reason why
I got into the biggest trouble of my life. And there was an even better reason why I wanted to get out of that again and start a self-chosen, new life. Those happenings just pushed me in the right direction at the right time and made me take action. Finally. Therefore no, those happenings did not change my mindset and led me to success.
What was it then?!
Well, it was the regained self-confidence and the consciousness about my own abilities and capabilities. I started to believe in myself again. That helped me change my mindset and focus on my business, focus on succeeding.
Truly, it sounds easier now than it was. We always have choices, remember? But in that situation, I was not willing to accept another result than success. I wanted to restart my life,
I wanted to succeed. Therefore, you see, I gave myself no other choice but to succeed. Somewhere, I’ve read this quote (unfortunately, I don’t know who it is from – do you?):
Are you willing to change your mindset to succeed?
You see, it can be done. You too can do it. Prepare your mind for success:
- Get rid of the old way of thinking about job, money and success.
- Prepare yourself for a hard ride: your friends and family might not understand what you’re doing and why.
- Get clear about this: giving up is not an option. Whatever your goal is, you must succeed.
- Get yourself someone who holds you accountable.
The human brain is never satisfied. That’s what drives us, that’s what makes us constantly go after something, that’s what keeps us going. Many problems could have been avoided if only the people responsible for decisions had understood that they shouldn’t have given up. Successful people know what’s going on, they know what’s working and they never give up.
How can you change your mindset to succeed?
- You need to love what you do and must be good at it. That reminds me of Steve Jobs again:
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”
- You must find a balance between work and life. Having a business does not mean that you must work 24/7 – although it can. Don’t overdo it. Plan your work and save enough time for your loved ones! Stress starts in your mind, so try to stay calm and relaxed. Don’t fight against someone or something, fight for them.
- Having your own business means you must work on your business but it also means you must work on your Self. You will have to learn new skills, improve your competencies and more importantly, become self-confident and believe in yourself and in what you do.
- Become an expert in your area or in your niche. People naturally seek experts. Take the knowledge that you already have and turn it into expertise. Don’t bother about the competition, you have value to offer. Why would you be afraid of sharing that with other people, willing to pay for it? And please don’t feel uncomfortable if you start earning more money than expected… Help others, do charity work – there is so much to do.
- Remember, it’s a mindshift, it’s your willingness to change your mindset to succeed what takes your business to the next level. Connect with experts. Interview them. Figure out what they did and how and learn from them. This alone could be the springboard for more business and some serious money.
So let’s recap. We’ve talked about ways to change your mindset to succeed. There is never
a lack of money out there for a great idea. But there is a lack of great ideas. There will always be someone willing to make an investment in what you have to offer. Go for it!
And because this is something so many people struggle with, we’ll have more than this article about how to change your mindset to succeed. Stay tuned!