As we’re approaching Christmas time many of us get more and more distracted, nervous and stressed. Somehow same procedure as last year, same procedure as every year, isn’t it? Before writing this article about the 3 simple self-help tips around Christmas time I’ve asked my subscribers why do they feel more distracted and nervous, why do they feel overwhelmed and more stressed, right before Christmas.
And they gave me these 3 main reasons:
1. All the work they have to accomplish before Christmas, be it at work, be it at home, makes them feel stressed. It looks like anything is heavily concentrating toward the end of year…
2. Many of them don’t have a properly structured plan to get everything done. That makes them nervous and creates additional overwhelm and stress.
3. They cannot focus on one important task because of the many other to-dos on their plate. That makes them easily feel distracted.
And that made me come up with these
3 simple self-help tips around Christmas time:
1. Define and prioritize your tasks – make a list
– at work
Knowing about the workload you have to master helps you avoid stress and overwhelm at work. Having a list with prioritized tasks helps avoid struggles and time-consuming check-backs.
– at home
All the things you want to do for your family and friends like shopping, Christmas tree, cooking, baking, house cleaning, etc. etc. won’t cause you the usual stress if you have a properly defined personal to-do list. Make sure that you save enough time for each one of your tasks.
2. Structure your time
What do I mean with that? The time you spend at work and the time you’re at home. At work you don’t do anything else and you don’t bother about anything else, but your job. Once at home, you accomplish all the tasks you’ve put on your “family and friends” priority list – but nothing related to your job, ok? Less stress guaranteed.
3. Avoid multitasking when ever possible
I said when ever possible. Women tend to multitasking, they can do 2 and more things at the same time… But in order to focus on your tasks and to get better results, you’d better start with one task and get it done. That’s a sure way to get done everything on your plate. No stress, no overwhelm, no distraction, no frustration.
Do you think you can do this? Just give these 3 simple self-help tips around Christmas time a try. But that also might be the beginning of a much bigger plan you will want to create… your own life plan.